As much as I dislike the summer's heat, I love baking cakes with summer fruits. I was inspired by one of my friends to bake a pineapple cake :) so here is a good recipe that would take only 10 minutes to prepare and 40 minutes to bake! In no time, you will have a juicy pineapple cake; a perfect summer desert :) you can serve it cold or hot!! If you decide to serve it hot, you can add a scope of vanilla ice cream...oh so yummy!!
Pineapple upside down Cake
Yield: 6" cake Bake time: 40 minutes
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 6 slices of can pineapple slices, drained
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cup flour ( put one table spoon of the flour aside) 1/2 cup milk 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree
- Place the pan on medium heat and melt butter
- Add the brown sugar to the pan and stir until blended, Add one teaspoon butter & place the drained pineapple slices on top in one layer, set aside
- With an electric mixer, beat the eggs for few seconds Slowly add sugar continue beating until smooth and creamy
- Sift the flour with baking powder and add the flour and milk to the batter Take 2 or three of slices of pineapple and chop into pieces, add the one tablespoon of flour to the chopped pieces of pineapple and mix them together and add to the batter
- Pour the batter over the pineapple and smoothly level I like to bake mini cakes; so if you like to make mini cakes, use one pineapple in each little pan! If you would like to bake a larger cake you can place 3 slices of pineapple at the bottom of a 6" pan.
- Bake for about 40 minutes on 325 F (please note that because this cake has fruit in it, it takes longer to bake) or you can test with it with a toothpick, inserted in the center and if it comes out clean then the cake is ready.
- While it's still hot, place the serving plate on top of the baking pan, bottom-side up. Holding hem together with oven mitts flip over.
You can serve it hot or cold!! If you decide to serve it hot, I would add a scope of ice cream...oh so yummy!!
As always I love to hear your feedback And please share my recipes with your friends!!