Summer is in full swing and some days the thermometer reads 104; especially here in the valley.The markets are full of tasty & delightful summer fruits: peaches, apricots, cherries ...oh the possibilities...fruit tarts, cheesecakes, & pies!! I love shopping & supporting the local Persian Market or Farmers' Market; the intimate & friendly atmosphere reminds me of back home where you know the shop owners & the neighbors and they know you! If you are a regular reader of the blog, you know that I like baking fruit tarts and cheesecake. I love the buttery flavor and crisp texture of the shortbread crust and the soft and delicious filling of cheesecake. I decided to use the fruit tart crust + Cheesecake filling + a mixture of apricots and peaches, and top it off with some slivered almonds! This is a perfect summer dessert, it's light, fresh and crunchy.
Ingredients for the crust:
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter; cut into small cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8oz cream cheese; room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups of apricot and peaches; sliced
- 1/2 cup Almonds
preheat the oven to 400 degrees, butter or spray a 9" spring form pan
- In the food processor, mix the dry ingredients and pulse to blend
- Add the butter and pulse until dough is just about to come together
- Put the dough onto the bottom and sides of the pan (about one inch up on the sides)
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator
- In a food processor mix the cream cheeseuntil smooth
- Add sugar and mix well and blend in the egg & vanilla
- Remove the crust from the fridge and pour in the filling.
- Return to refrigerator until the topping is ready
- Slice the apricots and peaches enough to have 3 cups
- Add the sugar and vanilla to the fruits, use a spatula to toss them together
- Place the slices over the cream cheese filling and sprinkle slivered almonds on top
- Place the pan on a baking sheet and place on the medium rack of the oven.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 375 and bake for 45 minutes or until the tart is golden brown and the filling is almost set.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely, place in the fridge for an hour before serving.
- Sprinkle with confectioners sugar and serve
I guarantee that you would love this summer delight with a glass of rosé wine.