Key Lime Pie
If you had to choose between lemon meringue pie and Key Lime pie, which one would you choose ?? In the search for a good recipe, I finally found a simple recipe with few ingredients*. I believe the simpler a recipe with less ingredients, the more delicious the pastry.
In this recipe, we will use milk, eggs and lime juice ...how easy is that?? And the result is amazing!
- 1 can sweeten condense milk (400 g)
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup Freshly squeezed Key lime juice (150g)
- 1 teaspoon of grated lime zest
- 1 lb Graham cracker crumbs (450g)
- Sugar (225g)
- Butter, melted (225 g)
How to make the crust ?
- Mix crumbs and sugar in a mixing bowl
- Add melted butter and mix until evenly blended, crumbs should be completely melted by the butter.
- Spread the mixture evenly on bottom and sides of pan and press crumbs evenly.
- Bake at 350 degree (170 C) for 5-8 minutes
- Cool completely before adding the filling
How to make the filling?
- In a medium size bowl, beat the egg yolks, add milk and Key lime juice and zest
- Beat well, until you have a creamy batter
- Fill the already baked crust with the filling and bake for 5-8 minutes
- Cool completely and then refrigerate over night
- Decorate with cool whipped and key lime zest
- Enjoy with a glass of Asti wine