Crispy on top and creamy inside :)
So simple yet so elegant that's creme brûlée at the dessert table! It's memorable, classic, and delicate. I absolutely love crunchy, creamy, sweet, & vanilla flavor of creme brûlée, but you can add any fruit imaginable or even marshmallow, or saffron to your creme brûlée!
So simple yet so elegant that's creme brûlée at the dessert table!
I absolutely love crunchy, creamy, sweet, & vanilla flavor of creme brûlée. You can add any fruits imaginable to your creme brûlée or you can add marshmallow or pistachio, but today I'm going to make saffron creme brûlée. I believe creme brûlée is memorable, classic, delicate, and not to mention elegant. Give this recipe a try and impress your friends and family.
Saffron Creme Brûlée
Serves 6-8 |
- 2 cups Heavy cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 teaspoon brewed saffron
- Preheat the oven to 325
- Place a wet towel at the bottom of a large cake pan or a roasting pan and have your ramekins ready
- Place the cream into a medium sauce pan and heat up over low heat
- Slice the vanilla bean into half and get the beans out and add to the cream (I keep the skin and add it to the sugar container so the sugar get a nice vanilla aroma )
- Using a whisk, mix together the egg yolks
- Add sugar to the egg and continue mixing until it's well blended and lighten in color
- By now the cream should be warm and almost boiling
- Add the cream slowly to the egg mix; continuously mixing
- After the egg mix is tempered, you can add the rest of cream quickly (remember, just mix the batter and refuse from beating; beating the batter at this point create more air into your creme brûlée which you don't want )
- To be on the safe side, strain the batter so you won't have any egg clumps
- Using a small ladle pour the batter into your ramekins; my ramekins are better for soufflé. If you're going to buy ramekins, get the ones that are shallower and not so deep.
- Now that you have filled all the ramekins, make sure you don't have any bubble on top and if you do have some, use the torch and hold over the bubbles for just a few seconds, they will disappear
- Add hot water to the cake pan until it's half filled
- Place the cake pan into the oven and bake for 35 minutes
- Remove from oven (at this point, creme brûlée is like jello ) & remove from the cake pan
- Place them in the refrigerator for 4 hours & serve.