I don't know about you, but I feel like this year is just flying by too quickly! We are already in April.
Talking about months , I was wondering if you have a preference of eating certain pastries during certain seasons/months? Do you think cream puffs taste better in summer or winter? No matter winter or summer these little cream puffs are my favorite pastries. I'm not sure what is the origin of Cream Puff and who was the genius that created it for the first time, but I have to tell you this recipe is so simple & delicious that even if you are not an expert you can make it & won't take so much of your time.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup or a stick of butter
- a pinch of salt or sugar (which ever you prefer, I used salt)
- 3-4 eggs (depending how large or small the eggs are)
1. Bring water to boil, add salt or sugar, and butter
3. Add all the flour and star stirring vigorously until you have a soft dough
4. Pre-heat the oven to 350° F
5. Using the pastry bag with Wilton tip number 20 pipe the batter one inch apart.
6. Bake for 30 minutes or until the puffs are golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool
- 1 cup heavy wiping cream
- 2 cups of powder sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
1. Beat the cream until forms stiff peaks
2. Add powder sugar and vanilla & mix well
3. Cut the puffs in halves, use a pastry bag to pipe the cream in the center and cover
4. Dust with powdered sugar and enjoy it with a cup of coffee or espresso