Chocolate Cookie Bites
I love these little chocolate low sugar cookie bites, they're easy to make and perfect solution for any chocolate cravings.
- 3/4 cup butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs (separated)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 & 1/4 cups chopped walnuts (or almonds whichever you like)
- 4 oz baking chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup raspberry jam (or strawberry or any kind that you like)
- Pre-heat the oven and have two baking sheets ready with parchment paper.
- Use a mixer, cream butter and brown sugar until light
- Add egg yolks one by one and continue beating, then slowly add flour and cocoa powder place it in the refrigerator for 2 hours
- In a small bowl, whisk egg whites until foamy and have the nuts in another small bowl ready
Shape the dough into 1 inch balls, dip in egg whites, then roll in nuts and place on to the baking tray covered with parchment paper
Use a small teaspoon to make an indentation in center of each cookies
Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes
In microwave melt the chocolate and butter and top each cookie with a teaspoon of chocolate & then raspberry jam!!
Take some time to yourself and enjoy this holidays :)