Biscuit Nazook & Thank YOU
As we're approaching the final hours of 2016, I just want to take a moment and thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your support, for the comments, for the conversations, for taking my recipes to your kitchens, for allowing our pastries to be apart of your joyful moments of your lives, and for referring my business to your friends.
Usually I get pretty excited about the new year and I have all my personal and professional goals written down, but this year, my goals are pretty simple: spend more time with my family and do more of what inspires me, which is, baking and teaching.
Even though it's the first year that I have no New Year resolutions, I think it's safe to say, all of us want to eat healthier, have less sugar in our diets, and possibly lose a few lb. My final recipe of 2016 is low sugar cardamom scented biscuits that are perfect to start a healthy New Year.
Yields: 100+ pieces Bake time: 8-10 minutes
- 250g flour
- 1 large eggs
- 85g butter, softened
- 85g sugar
- 75g milk
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tsp zest of an orange
- 50g ground pistachios for decoration
- Sanding sugar for decoration
- Use a food processor to mix together eggs and sugar until creamy.
- Add milk and the rest of ingredients and mix until you have a soft dough, wrap the dough in plastic and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325°F , cover a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- Divide the dough into three equally portions, take one portion at a time, flatten the dough on a lightly floured surface to 3/4 an inch. Cut in rectangular pieces and pass through a dough roller set on #2, or roll out the dough to paper thin sheets, cut in long strips or rectangular or any shape that you like & place on a tray, and sprinkle with sanding sugar and ground pistachios.
- Place on the top rack of the preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
These crunchy biscuits are delicious with tea or coffee or even serve with ice cream. Store them in an airtight container for 3 weeks.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and enjoy the final day of 2016
Also, don't forget to sign up to receive the recipes right to your inbox.
And if you are still reading this, I really appreciate it, if you share this recipe with your friends and family <3
Love you & Happy New Year.