Banana bread is one of Bill's (my husband) favorite dessert and honestly enjoy spoiling him once in awhile with baking something that he really loves. This banana bread is moist and delicious with loads of banana flavor!
It's best to use over-ripped bananas, however if you have fresh bananas, you can place them on a baking sheet covered with foil, place bananas on the tray and prick them with a fork, bake them in the oven for about 15 minutes at 350°F.
Yield: Loaf pan 9" long Bake time: 50 minutes
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 over-ripped bananas / 2 full cups mashed
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F /175° C. Spray a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle the top with mini chocolate chips
- Bake for about 50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.
Here are few other recipes with bananas: