Thanksgiving is just around the corner & most of us are gathering with friends & family and are grateful for what we have. But what is really important is to be grateful everyday not just on Thanksgiving Day. I truly appreciate life & everything that has to offer most of the times, but recently I started a routine (inspired by Louise Hay) that right before falling asleep I count all the things that I'm grateful for that day!....A child's smile, a coworkers' nice comment, a hug from Wynette or a Facebook message from my niece Mahroo. And off course I'm always grateful for having a passion for baking :)
So I invite you to try my routine one night and see how relaxing it is to count your blessings rather than thinking about the things that you should have done or could have done! I also invite you to try my new Pumpkin cheesecake recipe for Thanksgiving!! It's easy and so delicious...
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 1/2 cup finely crushed Chocolate cream Oreos cookies (roughly about 24 cookies)
- 1 8 oz cream cheese package softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can 15 oz or 1 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon All spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup or less dark chocolate for decoration
- 1/2 cup whipping cream for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Spray the pan with cooking spray ( I used the small bite size cheesecake pan, but you can use a 9" pie pan too)
- Using a food processor finely crush cookies
- In a medium bowl, mix together crushed cookies with melted butter and mix well
- Spread the mix into the pie pan and press evenly onto bottom and up side; you can use your hand or a spoon
- Bake the crust for 8 minutes; remove from the oven and set aside
- Using a mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar on medium speed until well combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time continue beating on low speed
- Add pumpkin puree, vanilla, all spice
- Pour the batter over the crust and bake for 40 minutes (try to avoid opening the oven door until it's slightly puffed around the edges )
- Cool for one hour, now your Pumpkin Cheesecake is ready you can serve it like this with Cool Whip or you can continue with these steps to add chocolate to it.
- In a small microwave safe bowl combine dark chocolate with whipping Cream.
- Microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute, stir until smooth
- Wait for 10 minutes and then pour the chocolate over the pie and spread it evenly