This week, I made these crunchy and light meringues for a #Persian wedding, but you can make them with your kids and have fun with colors and shapes
This is the recipe that I constantly use in my studio.
Yields: 100+ meringues Bake time: 1 hour
- 4 (120g) egg whites; aged
- 2/3 cup (120g) sugar
- 3/4 cup(100g) powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup (40g) coconut powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pistachio powdered
- Make sure all your utensils are clean and dry; even a trace of oil will destroy your meringue
- Preheat your oven to 190F or 87 C
- In the bowl of your stand mixer start by slowly whipping the egg whites for a few seconds then increase the speed until they're white and foamy, add the sugar and mix until you reach the stiff peaks, meanwhile dust the powdered sugar and mix with the coconut powder.
- Using a spatula gently fold in the powdered sugar & coconut meringue mix
- Cover two trays with parchment paper Use a pastry bag and tip #wilton 1M, to pipe the meringues; You can pipe them close together
- Place the trays in the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes or until they're dried and easily can be removed.
- Remember meringues should stay white and crispy. To store: keep them in the airtight containers