Nutella Hazelnuts Tarts
Do you enjoy setting goals writing to-do-lists and posting it on the fridge? I know I am, I live and breath to-do-lists. I write a daily to-do list for my business and a weekly one for personal stuff. I feel like it keeps me organized and I manage my day better rather than losing time browsing through Instagram....I know you can relate ;)
One of my goals for my weekend bakings and writing the blog is that I bake with ingredients that I have available at home and in the fridge. I avoid shopping on the weekends. So the reason I picked this recipe is, first I don't have to use the oven that much (it's getting really hot here in LA) and second, I found a jar of Nutella in my fridge. Don't you love cleaning your fridge? you find all sorts of stuff.
But let me tell you why you would love this tart beside the fact that has chocolate and Nutella ;) You can bake the tart shells ahead of time, keep them in the freezer or refrigerator and use them when you need to. The tart shells are rich with the butter flavor and it pairs really well with the creamy Nutella chocolate, and the crunchy chopped hazelnuts. You can serve this tart with wine or coffee and it's just to die for.
You can also any kinds of chocolate that you like, personally, I'm a huge fan of dark chocolate, but milk chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate would work fine too.
Nutella Dark Chocolate Tarts
Serving size: 4 people | Bake time: 40 minutes
- 1 cup hazelnuts, toasted, skinned, & chopped
- 1 recipe of buttery tart shells, baked and cooled
- 1 cup Nutella
- 6 Tbsp heavy cream
- 2 oz /64g dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- Save some halves of hazelnuts for garnishing the tops, chop the remaining hazelnuts coarse. Sprinkle them evenly at the bottom of baked tart shells and set aside until the cream is ready.
- In a medium glass bowl, combine chocolate, cream, Nutella, and butter. place in a microwave for 30 seconds and stir until the mixture is glossy and creamy. Pour over the chopped hazelnuts and place in the fridge until set, garnish with hazelnut halves and placed back in the fridge for one hour.
- Leave the tarts out of refrigerator half an hour before serving. The tarts pair really well with a glass of wine or coffee. Hope you enjoy this easy recipe.