Banana wow Chocolate Cake
Banana Wow! Chocolate Cake
For those of you who don't know me, I've been working for the same company for 16 years now!!! Throughout these years, I've met the most amazing people from all different countries, cultures, and backgrounds. They are like my second family and are going to be in my life no matter where I go or where they go!! They are the ones who make work exciting, fun and some days bearable!! They've been there for me through the good and the bad in both my personal and my professional life!!
Decorate with Chocolate Frosting!
Today I'm just grateful for having experienced such a great journey. I know that life passes by quickly and before we know it; we will be on different paths & I just want to THANK all those that are so dear to me!! Well, what's a "thank you" without a delicious recipe right? So take some time to bake this wonderful & easy recipe and don't forget to acknowledge the special people that are in your life :)
10/29/15 update: when I wrote this blog, I was secretly hoping that I would leave the company and would start my own business. Today, I'm happy to say that it's been two years that I left the company and have started working on my dream :)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter or 1 stick
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 6 Tablespoon Sour cream
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking power
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a 9" inch round cake pan
- Cream butter and sugar until soft and fluffy
- Add eggs one at a time and mix well for 2 minutes
- Add sour cream, vanilla and (* optional to add banana flavor)
- Add flours slowly and continue mixing
- Using a whisk mix in banana & chocolate chips
- Pour batter into the pan and bake for 45 minutes
- The cake is so delicious on its own without any frosting, but if you like you can use (like I did) store bought frosting.
THANK YOU For the great journey!!