Chocolate chip Peanut Butter Cookies
As most of you know, my family is in Iran and I live here, in the USA, with my husband Bill and his/our daughter Wynette. I am envious of those families that live close by each other and have dinners on the weekends, bake together, cook together and experience life together. Our little family of three recently has gone through a very rough time and the passing of my other step daughter made us all realize that the time that we have together is very precious.
Maybe that's why Bill came up with the idea to have Sunday dinners with Wynette and her boyfriend; to make it fun we decided that each Sunday one of us will cook the dinner. And I love this idea :)
Today was our second Sunday dinner since we started this new ritual. So I decided to bake them a large Pazuki with chocolate chips peanut butter. After I made the batch, I made some into cookies and one large Pazuki. The cookies were soft, chewy, and so chocolately. And Pazuki with vanilla ice cream was just a perfect way to end the weekend.
This recipe was amazing and so easy to make, next time you have a family dinner give this a try for an awesome crowd pleasing Pazuki.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 egg
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped semisweet chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Have two large baking tray covered with parchment paper ready
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the corn syrup and vanilla. Combine the warm water & baking soda and add to the batter
- Add flour and mix well and finally fold in chocolate chips
- Scoop the batter onto baking trays; about 3 inches apart
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until edges are golden. Allow cookies to cool for 1 minute on the cookie sheet before removing to wire racks to cool completely.